There are especially arranged accommodation options for UTA Summer School participants, please read the desricptions and restrictions carefully before proceeding to booking or applying!
NOTE! If you are applying to UTA as a degree or an exchange student and need accommodation for the whole year, please see information on the Student life section.
This wonderful, centrally located awards winning hostel will offer UTA Summer School students accommodation in four and six bed dorms. The accommodation is available 7 – 19 August. UTA Summer School students have the possibility to book as many nights as needed during the two-week period.
External students to UTA attending a one-week Summer School course have priority to this housing option.
- location: Åkerlundinkatu 2, FI-33100 Tampere
- accommodation type: bed in a shared 4 or 6 persons’ room
- reduced-priced nights available: 7 – 19 August 2016, you can book the whole period or fewer nights
- price: 24€ / night / person ( → e.g. 288€ / 12 nights / person), including
bed linen, wifi, use of bathrooms and showers (in the hallways, in the immediate vicinity of rooms), use of fully equipped common kitchen, tea and coffee around the clock
In order to book accommodation at Dream Hostel:
- Make sure you know the dates of your Summer School course you have been accepted to.
- Make your own personal reservation by contacting Dream Hostel directly by email or phone: email@example.com / +358 45 236 0517
- The reduced-price nights can be booked until 15 June 2016, please mention “UTASummerSchool2016”.
- Please note that there is a restricted amount of places available!
- If you wish to book extra nights / other accommodation types (e.g. Dream Hotel), please state it when contacting Dream Hostel.
- After 15 June, regular-priced nights may be available – please contact Dream Hostel directly!
Opiskelijan Tampere ry (Student's Tampere association) will offer rooms in shared flats for UTA Summer School students who attend a Summer School course and then continue studying at UTA (as exchange or international degree students) the whole autumn semester.
- furnished private or shared rooms in shared apartments (1-4 bedrooms)
- shared kitchen, living room, toilet / bathroom, and possibly also a private sauna and a balcony (not dormitory housing, but everything inside one apartment)
- accommodation period is the autumn semester (1st / 15th August - 31st December)
- rent varies according to apartment type and location
- different locations in Tampere, all with a convenient connection (=direct busline) from apartment to the university
Unfortunately, more specific apartment information cannot be given since availability varies according to housing markets. Please note that, there is a restricted amount of rooms available, accommodation cannot be quaranteed.
In order to apply for a room provided by Opiskelijan Tampere (applies ONLY to students staying in Tampere for the whole autumn semester), see further information on Opiskelijan Tampere's website. In questions concerning accommodation details of Opiskelijan Tampere housing, please contact: info(a)opiskelijantampere.fi.
Other accommodation options
- Forenom - Furnished apartments in Tampere city centre.
- AirBnB - Private housing offered by local residents.
- Hotel Ville - An affordable self-service hotel near Tampere city centre.
- Mango Hotel - An affordable hotel near Tampere city centre.
- Omena Hotel - A self-service budget hotel in Tampere city centre.