University Admissions Finland
Unioninkatu 40 C
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone service: +358 29 41 235 28. Open from 15 November 2016 to 14 February 2017. Telephone service hours are from Monday to Friday from 12.00 to 15.00 (GMT+2).
The application to the University of Tampere is done through an electronic portal. A link to each programme's application page at Studyinfo.fi is available in the programme web pages during the application period. All applications are pre-processed by the centralized University Admissions Finland (UAF) service. Applicants must be able to support their application with enclosures related to their educational background, language skills, and other qualifications and merits.
To help you on the way, we have compiled step-by-step instructions on what you need to do or remember at each stage of applying. The instructions have been updated for the 2017 admission.
1. Select the programme you wish to apply to. Carefully read through the general admission criteria and programme admission criteria and see whether you meet them. Applicants who do not meet the admission criteria will not be selected.
- Questions related to the admission criteria? Please contact the programme coordinator or the admissions office, email@example.com.
- See also Frequently Asked Questions on the University website and the UAF website.
2. If necessary, book a time for a language test well in advance.
3. Check which documents you need to submit and make sure you obtain them in time.
- Remember to check if there are any country-specific requirements for your documents.
- Please note that some documents may be required to be sent separately by a third party. Make sure also these documents are delivered in time.
- Questions on the required application documents? Contact the programme coordinator or the admissions office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions related to the tuition fees? Check the Am I required to pay tuition fees? page in the Studyinfo.fi portal. If you are still not sure, contact the admissions office, email@example.com.
- If you apply to more than one programme, you will need to fill in a separate application form for each programme. You will also need to submit separate enclosures to each programme you apply for (except applications to several specializations within the MDP in Leadership for Change. Please see more on the programme web page).
- If you wish to apply for the University of Tampere scholarships, you will need to indicate this in the application form. The UTA scholarships are available only for students who are required to pay the tuition fee.
- The application form will close at 3 p.m. (GMT +2) on 13 January, and any application forms not submitted by that time will expire. You will need to submit the application by 3 p.m., (GMT + 2) just starting to fill the form in is not enough.
- Problems with the application form? For technical assistance, please contact University Admissions Finland firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Please note that you will need to print out the submitted application form and send it to UAF together with the application enclosures.
All the enclosures need to reach UAF by 27 January. UAF processes all documents in the order of arrival, so it is in your best interest to submit your application documents as soon as possible. It is acceptable to submit documents already before submitting the online application. Late documents will not be taken into account in the selection of students.
- Your electronic application has a personal programme-specific check-list of all the required application enclosures. You can also find the list of required documents on our web page.
- Please note that each application must have its own set of requested application documents (except applications to several specializations within the MDP in Leadership for Change. Please see more on the programme web page).
9. University Admissions Finland will evaluate your eligibility and the authenticity of your education certificates. This includes, for example, contacting your previous educational institution and your language-test organizer. Any malpractice will be reported to the university and the authorities.
If, during the UAF processing, it is noticed that your documents do not meet the requirements, you will be notified of this as well. However, you will not be given additional time beyond the given deadline to supplement your application. It is your responsibility to make sure that all the documents meet the given requirements.
10. The University of Tampere receives the pre-processed application documents from UAF by early March. Check your e-mail regularly during February-March, some applicants may be contacted to arrange a phone/video interview during February-March. Please see Selection of students for more information.
11. Admission results are published by 31 March 2017. All applicants will be informed of the result either by e-mail or by post. If you are selected into the programme, you will need to confirm the acceptance of the study place by 15 May 2017.
Those applicants who have been awarded the University of Tampere Scholarship will be notified of this together with the admission decision; these new students will have to confirm the acceptance of the scholarship by mid-April.
Students required to pay the tuition fee will also be informed about this together with the admission decision. The letter of acceptance will include the instructions on how to pay the fee and the deadlines for payments.
12. Arrival at the University. The Orientation course for new international students is organised during late August, and you will need to register to the university by the end of August. Plan you arrival accordingly.