The next joint application round for doctoral studies beginning in spring 2019 will be held 1 October - 31 October 2018. The application period ends at 15.00 (Finnish time).
Applying to a doctoral programme of the University of Tampere takes place twice a year through Studyinfo.fi (in April and October) with two exceptions: the Faculty of Medicine and Life Sciences, and the International Doctoral Programme in Epidemiology have their own application schedules.
The Doctoral degree takes approximately 4 years and is worth 240 ECTS credits. Doctoral studies require independent research and a Doctoral dissertation.
All doctoral students of the University are members of a doctoral programme and of the University Doctoral School.
Faculty of Communication Sciences (COMS)
- Doctoral Programme in Communication, Media and Theatre
- Doctoral Programme in Information Studies and Interactive Media
- Doctoral Programme in Interactive Technology
- Doctoral Programme in Language Studies
- Doctoral Programme in Literary Studies