University Admissions Finland
Unioninkatu 40 C
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone service: +358 29 41 235 28. Open from 15 November 2017 to 31 January 2018. Telephone service hours are from Monday to Friday from 12 to 3 p.m. (GMT+2).
Preliminary info for the 2018 intake!
Application forms to the Master's degree programmes given in English at the University of Tampere are submitted through an electronic application system and supported by enclosures sent by postal mail.
A link to the application form is available on the Admissions website during the application period. All applications are pre-processed by the centralized University Admissions Finland (UAF) service. You must be able to support your application with enclosures related to your educational background, language skills, and other qualifications and merits.
To help you on the way, we have compiled step-by-step instructions on what you need to do or remember at each stage of applying.
1. Select the Master's degree programme you wish to apply to. Carefully read through the general admission criteria and programme admission criteria and see whether you meet them. Applicants who do not meet the general and programme specific admission criteria will not be selected.
- Questions related to the admission criteria? Please contact the Master's degree programme coordinator or the UTA admissions office, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that application enclosures will be assessed only after the application round has closed.
- See also Frequently Asked Questions on the University website and the UAF website.
2. If necessary, book a time for a language test well in advance.
3. Check which documents you need to submit and make sure you obtain them in time.
- Remember to check if there are any country-specific requirements for your documents. If you have taken your Bachelor's degree in Finland, please see the country-specific requirement for Finland.
- Please note that some documents may be required to be sent separately by a third party. Make sure these documents are delivered in time.
- Questions on the required application documents? Contact the Master's degree programme coordinator or the UTA admissions office, email@example.com.
- Questions related to the tuition fees? Check the Am I required to pay tuition fees? page in the Studyinfo.fi portal. If you are still not sure, contact the UTA admissions office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you apply to more than one UTA Master’s degree programme, you are requested on the application form to list the programmes you apply to in priority order. You will need to fill in a separate application form for each programme, and you will also need to submit separate enclosures to each programme you apply to (except applications to several specializations within the Leadership for Change programme. Please see more on the programme admission webpage).
- If you wish to apply for the University of Tampere scholarships, you will need to indicate this in the application form. The UTA scholarships are available only for applicants who are required to pay the tuition fee.
- The application form will close at 3 p.m. (GMT +2) on 17 January 2018. Any application form not submitted by the deadline will expire.
- Problems with the application form? For technical assistance, please contact University Admissions Finland at email@example.com
7. The printed application form and all the enclosures need to reach University Admissions Finland by 17 January 2018. UAF processes all documents in the order of arrival, so it is in your best interest to submit your application documents as soon as possible. It is acceptable to submit documents already before submitting the online application. Late documents will not be taken into account in the admission process.
- Your electronic application has a personal programme specific check-list of all the required application enclosures. You can also find the list of required documents on our web page.
9. University Admissions Finland will evaluate your eligibility and the authenticity of your education certificates. This includes, for example, contacting your previous educational institution and your language-test organizer. Any malpractice will be reported to the university and the authorities.
If, during the UAF processing, it is noticed that your documents do not meet the requirements you will be notified by UAF. It is your responsibility to make sure that all the documents meet the given requirements and are submitted in time.
10. The University of Tampere receives the pre-processed application documents from UAF by early March. Check your e-mail regularly during February-March, as some applicants may be contacted to arrange a phone/video interview during February-March. Please see Selection of students for more information.
11. Admission results are published by 29 March 2018. All applicants will be informed of the result by e-mail. If you are selected into one of our Master's degree programmes, you will need to confirm the acceptance of the study place by 24 April 2018.
Applicants who have been awarded the University of Tampere Scholarship will be notified of this together with the admission decision.
Selected students required to pay the tuition fee will also be informed about this together with the admission decision.
12. Arriving at the University. The compulsory Orientation course for new international students is organised in late August, and you will need to register to the university by the end of August. Plan your arrival accordingly.