Pinni B -building, lecture hall 3032 (Address: Kanslerinrinne 1)
During the afternoon, we will hear four presentations, which will be commented on by scholars of different fields:
- Prof. Sari Katajala-Peltomaa (history),
- Prof. Päivi Pahta (English philology) and
- Dr Pia Vuolanto (sociology / nursing science).
After their comments, we welcome the audience to join the discussion.
Refreshments will be served after the presentations.
Please register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 18th January.
The seminar will be held in English.
- Ghislaine Van Der Ploeg (University of Tampere): Sacred Healing and the Roman Imperial Army: The Dissemination of the Cult of Asclepius, God of Medicine
- Marko Lamberg (University of Tampere / University of Stockholm): Tracing the Living Conditions of the Blind in Early Modern Stockholm, c. 1450-1650: Preliminary Findings
- Päivi Räisänen-Schröder (University of Helsinki): Healing in 17th and 18th Century Jesuit Mission Reports
- Daniel Blackie (University of Oulu): Britain’s Forgotten Workers: Disabled People and the Industrial Revolution
For more information, please contact:
researcher Jenni Kuuliala, PhD