Open science refers to the application of open approaches to scientific research. Open science includes:
- openness of scientific publications = open access publishing
- openness and permanent storage of research data
- utilising open source code and open standards
- openness of the research process
Openness supports research and the development of the scientific community by
- improving and safeguarding the quality of scientific knowledge
- strengthening the reliability and transparency of research
- increasing the opportunities for using scientific knowledge and scientific research methods in research, teaching and studying
- enabling and enriching cooperation between researchers
- increasing the impact of science on society
- The University of Tampere has launched opendata.uta.fi service, which enables downloading data, including publication information and implementations of study modules, as Open Data. The service is maintained by the IT Administration.
- Webinar: How to publish openly.
- Publication and data policy at the University of Tampere
- Test your knowledge on open science.
- The Rector of the University has set an Open Science -working group at the University of Tampere 2.3.2016-31.12.2017.
- Open Science and Research 2014-2017 - initiative established by the Ministry of Education and Culture is going to create top conditions for research in Finland.
Should you have any questions about open science, publishing or research data, please