Ethics Committee of the Tampere region
On 5 May 2010, the Rector of the University of Tampere set up the Ethics Committee of the Tampere region to provide ethical reviews on non-medical research in the human sciences conducted at universities, higher education institutions and research institutes in the area and to promote increasingly ethical research through its decisions and activities.
Committee members 1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2019
Committee members from the University of Tampere
- Professor Leila Haaparanta
- Professor Laura Huttunen
- University Lecturer Anneli Kylliäinen
- University Kecturer Niina Lilja
- Professor Kaarina Nikunen
- University Teacher Sami Serola
- Associate Professor Hanna Toiviainen
- Professor Päivi Åstedt-Kurki
- Associate Professor Johanna Kujala
Members from other higher education institutions and research institutes in the region
- Tampere University of Technology: Professor Kaisa Väänänen (alternate: Research Doctor Thomas Olsson)
- Tampere University of Applied Sciences: Principal Lecturer Harri Kukkonen (alternate: Principal Lecturer Varpu Lipponen)
- UKK Institute: Senior Researcher Kirsti Uusi-Rasi, chair of the committee (alternate: Senior Researcher Minna Aittasalo)
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland (Tampere office): Senior Scientist Veikko Ikonen (alternate: Principal Scientist Eija Kaasinena
Since 15 November 2011, the Ethics Committee’s secretary has been Heikki Eilo, Head of Administration (University Services) at the University of Tampere.
If you have any questions about the Ethics Committee or want to discuss the necessity of an ethical review, please contact the secretary. Before you do so, please read the section ‘Ethical Review’ carefully as it contains the latest information about the topic and guidelines for review.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 190 1389