Electronic calendars - Tampere3
The electronic calendars opened across the Tampere3 universities on the 15th May 2017.
In order to facilitate the preparations of the Tampere3 process, the visibility of the staff members’ calendars will be increased across Tampere3 universities. The change will enable the visibility of the staff members’ free/busy information across Universities.
- The free/busy information of the meeting participants will be available in Outlook’s Scheduling Assistant.
- Only the free/busy status will be visible, not the headlines or other information.
- The change only concerns the calendars of the staff members.
- The feature can be used on both Outlook application and the browser interface (Outlook on the web).
- The email addresses of the staff members of the University of Tampere must be entered as email@example.com.
Entering a calendar meeting
- Open your calendar and click ”New meeting”.
- Type the email addresses of the meeting participants in the ”To” field or pick them from your address book.
- Click ”Scheduling” from the ribbon at the top of the window to view the free/busy information of the meeting participants.
- When you find a convenient time for the meeting, select it by painting it with the mouse or select the dates and times from the dropdown menus.
- Send the meeting invitation by clicking “Send”.
Outlook browser interface
- Select ”Calendar” from the application menu
- Select “Calendar event” from the “New” dropdown menu
- Add the meeting participants into the ”People” field by typing or clicking the “+” button
- Open ”Scheduling assistant”, search for a convenient time, select dates and times from the dropdown menus on the left and click OK.
- Send the meeting invitation by clicking “Save”.
Please note! Add this to your meeting invitation:
Please Accept or Decline the invitation using choices Edit the Response before Sending or Send the Response Now.
If you choose Do not send a response, the organizer of the meeting will not receive information if you are participating or not.