In the University of Tampere, the students and staff members can use a centralised printing service. This service is implemented by Ricoh Oy, but the university manages it. All support requests and error notifications must be sent through IT Helpdesk!
Identical service is in use in all Tampere3 cooperative institutions of higher education (UTA, TUT, TAMK). You can use any of the multi-function printers of University of Tampere, TUT or TAMK to print out your file. Secure printing function (FollowMe feature) ensures that only you can print out your materials.
Print with a printing card or without it!
Printing right is included in your basic user account. You can link the printing right to the staff member and student IDs, which enable printing out the materials with a printer.
Note! If necessary, you can also always print by entering your basic user account in format ab12345@staff, and the students can print using just their basic user account. When prompted, enter your basic user account password.
Register your card:
- If the printer's screen is black, wake it by touching the screen. Be patient, it may take a moment for the printer to wake up.
- Place your card over the card reader. The device will not recognise an unregistered card.
- In the User ID field, enter your basic user account (for students e.g. ab12345@edu, for staff e.g. ab12345@staff). Click the Next button to access the password field and enter the password of your basic user account.
- Log out by clicking the button or by placing your card above the card reader.
- In the future, you can print by reading your card.
Note! The work should be printed within 72 hours, after which it disappears from your print queue.
Note! If the registration does not succeed for some reason, try again.
If necessary, contact IT Helpdesk, tel. 040 190 4141!
Location and features of printers
>> Printers for students (In Finnish)
>> All the printers (In Finnish)
Mobile printing (remote printing), independent of the device!
Send the printable file with an email to be printed through mobile printing and pick it up from any printer at UTA, TUT or TAMK.
Mobile printing – quick guide
- To send an attachment to be printed, use your personal university's email address.
- Send the attachment to address firstname.lastname@example.org
- You do not need to add a subject line or any text to the message to be sent.
- Pick up the work from the university's any multi-function printer of your choice. Note! The work should be printed within 72 hours, after which it disappears from your print queue.
- If you have not yet registered your card, you can use your basic user account for printing. NB! Add ending to your basic user account for example, students ab12345@edu and staff ab12345@staff. When prompted, enter your basic user account password.
Supported file types
- Microsoft Office: doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt ja pptx
- OpenOffice: odt, ods ja odp
- Others: pdf, html, htm, gif, png, jpg, rtf ja txt
- All file types are not supported.
- You cannot change the print settings.
- Can only be used with personal printing accounts.
Students' printing quota
Students receive a free printing quota of 400 pages a year, 200 in the autumn and 200 in the spring. The previous printing quotas have been transferred into to system and converted into Euro. Additional printing balance can, at the moment, be bought from the on-campus service points of the service provider (Ricoh Oy) and from their online shop.
- How to buy printing quota online (Ricoh)
(Please note that at the online shop you can also pay without a PayPal account. Just select the 'Pay with Debit or Credit Card" at the page where PayPal will open.)
One black and white one-sided page costs EUR 0.02938, or 2.938 cents, and two-sided 2.938 x 2.
One colored, one-sided page costs 0.04450 EUR or 4.450 cents, and two-sided 4.450 x 2.
User support and service points
The customer service of IT Administration, IT Helpdesk, helps you in all matters related to the use of printing and copy machines.
Address all support requests and error notifications to IT Helpdesk, 040 190 4141, email@example.com.
The service provider Ricoh Oy has its own service point on the University of Tampere's central campus, in room A025 in Main Building. The customer service personnel of the service point maintain the printing environment and is responsible for its operations. They will also help you with the use of the devices, if necessary. A similar service point is located in the TAMK premises on Kauppi campus. On-duty repair services are also present in all main campuses of the Tampere3 universities.
The printing service in use in the University of Tampere will be introduced in all institutes of higher education of the Tampere3 cooperative (UTA, TUT, TAMK). The central objective is that all the Tampere3 institutes of higher education have a modern, centralised printing service concept that meets all the new needs.
The service includes
- printing service, administration, maintenance, invoicing
- reporting, services, all printing devices
- equipment, replacement parts, papers
- guidance, training
- Service points and on-duty services on campus
- online shop for purchasing extra printing quota (printshop.tampere3.fi)
Registering a card
- Registering an access card (instructions for the staff)
- Registering a student ID (instructions for students)