The students of University of Tampere and the members of its staff have the possibility to install certain software on their home computers, either free of charge or at an affordable price offered to members of the university.
The staff, present students and students of the open university can acquire the SPSS programme for all their computers. The licence is subject to a charge. The price is determined based on the available time left in the ordered period.
Versions 23, 24 and 25 for Windows, Mac and Linux are available.
The code will be delivered to your inbox as soon as the subscription has been processed and the invoice will be sent to you by mail. Delivery charges will not be applied.
The licence periods are:
1 June – 31 May
Quarterly licence periods (version 24) are
1 June – 31 August
1 September – 30 November
1 December – 28 February
1 March – 31 May
It is possible to use the software for 14 days without the licence code by selecting the following setting at the end of the installation, in Product Authorization: Enable for temporary usage.
The IT Administration has procured a campus-wide, licence for ATLAS.fi software valid until further notice, which supports the systematic analysis and coding of qualitative materials.
If they so wish, the staff and students may also install the software on their home computers.
For Windows you need both files below, they include code. For Mac you can ask code firstname.lastname@example.org. ATLAS.ti is suitable for analysing text, image and sound files and it recognises many different file types. The programme itself does not make any analyses, but it is a tool for typifying and classifying information and for making various searches. An analysis made with ATLAS.ti can be continued numerically, for example with SPSS.
Malware protection of the students' own computers
The students of the University can buy one-year licenses for F-Secure products at a reduced price.
Malware protection of the staff members' own computers
The University staff members can get licenses for F-Secure products for their own computers, laptops and mobile devices.
Malware protection of the computers of the University
The Computers of the University are protected by F-Secure products.
Microsoft Office Pro Plus software package
The university students and staff members have the option to install Microsoft Office Pro Plus software package onto their own devices, free of charge. The package can be downloaded through the Office 365 service. You can install the software on five computers (PC, Mac). Additionally, you can download the Office applications from the app shop of your iPad, iPhone or Android device and activate them free of charge with your university ID.
- The user licence of the software will be valid until the right to study or the employment relationship ends.
- Keeping the software active requires the user to sign in to the Office 365 service at least every 30 days.
- After the user licence's validity comes to an end, the software stops working and Office will enter a limited mode, in which the user can only read and print the file. Office can be reactivated with another ID (that has an Office 365 ProPlus user licence) or separately purchased product key.
Download the Office 365 ProPlus package onto your computer:
1. Open the following address in your browser: https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx
2. Log in with the University of Tampere's Office 365 service ID (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Click the Install/Asenna button at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
Note! Enter your user name and email in format email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org whenever prompted.
General presentation of the Office 365 ProPlus advantage (in Finnish): http://www.microsoft.fi/laitteitaopiskeluun/office-maksutta.html
More information in the intranet.