To page body
university of tampere: faculty of management: studies: master's degree programmes: leadership for change: specialisations:
Faculty of ManagementUniversity of TampereFaculty of Management
Leadership for Change

Double degree opportunity

Leadership for Change students have the opportunity to graduate from a Finnish university and a Russian university by taking a double degree. In order to take the double degree, the CBIR double degree module (25 ECTS) must be included in the UTA degree.

The "Cross-Border International Relations" (CBIR) double degree programme is offered in cooperation with Petrozavodsk and St. Petersburg State Universities in Russia. A considerable part of studies is organised jointly by these institutions. Students enrolled as Leadership for Change students at Tampere University can thus apply for a possibility to get a double degree from a Russian partner university.

How to apply?

Tampere University students can apply for the right to take the double degree with either Petrozavodsk or St. Petersburg State University. LFC students interested in taking the double degree receive instructions concerning the applications process from the programme's study coordinator. Admission to double degree is decided by the partner universities according to their regulations.

NB. Intake to the double degree programme takes place every two years.

What is required to get the double degree?

Double degree students take part in seasonal schools organised jointly by the three universities in Finland and in Russia. (Click here to read more about the CBIR Seasonal Schools).

In addition to studies completed at the seasonal schools, studies taken in Tampere University will be credited towards the degree in the Russian partner university. In addition, students taking the double degree are required to submit their Master's thesis for examination also in the partner university, and participate in the defence of the thesis according to their regulations. The thesis can be submitted in English.

NB. Students are NOT required to be fluent in Russian to take the double degree.

Will I get to spend time in Russia?

In addition to the intensive one to two week long seasonal schools organised in Russia, students can also apply for a longer period of exchange (one or two semesters) in a Russian partner university.

When will I graduate?

In the Russian system of education, students admitted into a Master's degree are required to have a four-year Bachelor's degree. Master's degree itself lasts two years. To receive both degrees, students in Russia need to have studied for six years, instead of the five years required in Finnish universities. Due to this, Tampere University students can graduate from the Russian partner university only two years after being admitted to the double degree.

What degrees will I receive?

Students taking the double degree will graduate from Tampere University with a degree according to their LFC specialisation. In addition, they will get a Master in International Relations (Petrozavodsk State University) or Master of International Relations (St. Petersburg State University). The degrees give the student the same qualification and the possiblity to continue to doctoral studies as the "normal" national degree of the field.

puh. (03) 355 111 (vaihde)
Maintained by:
Last update: 11.1.2019 12.34 Muokkaa

University of Tampere
+358 3 355 111

FINEEC Audited HR Excellence in Research

Cooperation and Services
About Us

Research & Study

Career Services
Finnish Social Science Data Archive
Centre for International Education
IT services
Language Centre
Language Services
Registrar's Office
Sports Activities
» more

Teaching schedules
Curricula guides
Student's Desktop

Andor search
Renew your loans
UTA intranet
Office 365 webmail
Uta webmail
Electronic exam service
Examination results