Basics of Information Literacy
Basics of Information Literacy (1 ECTS) is part of the Study Skills and Personal Study Planning course offered to the students of international Master's Degree programmes.
Course structure and timetable Autumn 2018
The course consists of a pre-assignment and 3x2 hour workshops + online assignments related to each workshop.
Workshops: 1st study period, weeks 37-39
- Group 1. Tue at 14-16 (11.9., 18.9. and 25.9.)
- Group 2. Wed at 10-12 (12.9., 19.9. and 26.9.)
- Group 3. Wed at 16-18 (12.9., 19.9. and 26.9.)
- Group 4. Thu at 10-12 (13.9., 20.9. and 27.9.)
- Group 5. Fri at 12-14 (14.9., 21.9. and 28.9.)
- Group 6. Thu at 16-18 if needed (13.9.,20.9. and 27.9.)
The groups meet 3 times in computer classroom Akseli (3021), 3rd floor of Linna building.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
After successfully completing the course, student will
- know the basics of information seeking
- be able to seek for textbooks and other literature on their field using library collections and electronic databases
- be able to search for articles in electronic publications and databases
- comprehend the basics of evaluation and ethical use of scientific information sources.
How to substitute for this course?
- If you have taken the course Tiedonhankinnan perusteet or Tiedonhankintataidot I at University of Tampere you can use that as substitution.
- If you have taken a similar information seeking course (more than just one or two hours of library orientation) at another university, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- description of the learning outcomes and content of the completed course, for example from a curriculum or a website
- official transcript of records regarding that course