Basics of Information Literacy
Basics of Information Literacy (1 ECTS) is part of the Study Skills and Personal Study Planning course offered to the students of international Master's Degree programmes.
Course structure and timetable Autumn 2019
The course consists of a pre-assignment and 2x2 hour workshops + online assignments.
Workshops: 1st study period, weeks 37-38
- Group 1. Monday at 14-16 (9.9. & 16.9.)
- Group 2. Tuesday at 12-14 (10.9. & 17.9.)
The groups meet 2 times in computer classroom Akseli (3021), 3rd floor of Linna building.
More information: email@example.com
After successfully completing the course, student will
- know the basics of information seeking
- be able to seek for textbooks and other literature on their field using library collections and electronic databases
- be able to search for articles in electronic publications and databases
- comprehend the basics of evaluation and ethical use of scientific information sources.
How to substitute for this course?
- If you have taken the course Tiedonhankinnan perusteet or Tiedonhankintataidot I at University of Tampere you can use that as substitution.
- If you have taken a similar information seeking course (more than just one or two hours of library orientation) at another university, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- description of the learning outcomes and content of the completed course, for example from a curriculum or a website
- official transcript of records regarding that course