Student card as a library card
The barcode behind the student card, beginning with numbers 256, can be activated to be used as a library card at the Tampere University Library. This barcode number is also your library card number.
Please note: If you have an electronic student card you cannot use it as your library card. You can get a separate library card at the Library.
The activation process goes as follows
- Fill out the library card application form online or when you come to the Library.
- Bring your student card (with the barcode) and a photo identification/passport to the Linna or Arvo customer service desk.
- Your student card will be activated either while you are waiting or by the next day (during the busy period in autumn).
- Once your student card has been activated look at the rules regarding the use of the Library and your library card on our guide How to use the Library.
- As the library card holder you are bound to comply with the library regulations and are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card.
- If your student card is lost or stolen, please notify the Library immediately.
- Also please kindly notify the Library about change of name, address or e-mail address.
Circulation services at the Tampere University Library