At the Library we have borrowable tablets for reading e-books, using other library resources and surfing the web.
- In Linna library there are five iPad tablets, in Arvo library six iPads. Tablets are borrowed at Customer Service desk.
- The loan period is two weeks
- In Arvo library there is also one iPad for short loan (one day or weekend).
- Return Linna’s tablets to Linna ja Arvo’s tablets to Arvo. Please return the device to Customer Service desk, not with the self-service machine or to the book-return bin.
- It is not possible to renew or reserve the tablets. Check their availability in Andor by using search term tablet.
- The overdue fee is 20 € and the replacement of lost or damaged tablet is 500 € and of power adapter and cable 50 €.
- The tablets use wireless network (WiFi). On the University campus area they are automatically connected to Eduroam network, elsewhere you have to log in to a wireless network.
- The necessary e-book readers are downloaded on the tablets. Detailed information about using and downloading e-books is in our E-book Guide. Please note that for downloading e-books you often need your own username and password that you have to create in that particural e-book service.
- You can create your own e-mail account to the tablet with Mail apps so that you can save your files and notes when necessary. See below how to add the e-mail account
- You cannot download any apps yourself. Please don’t update the programs either.
- iPad User Guide is in iBooks app (no internet access needed).
How to add your own e-mail account on the tablet
- You’ll add the University’s staff or student e-mail accounts through Exchange service.
- You can also use e.g. Outlook or Gmail accounts.
- When you create an Exchange account you’ll complete as your address: firstname.lastname@example.org or for students email@example.com.
- After that e-mail: etunimi.sukunimi@staff/student.uta.fi
- Server: outlook.office365.com
- User name: peruspalvelutunnus@staff/student.uta.fi
- Finally a password.
- Utamail account is created in Mail app. Choose Other. There is a guide on the University intranet on IT Services' page.