Exchange Students Leaving Finland

Transcript of Records
Certificates and Confirmations
Finnish Personal Identity Code
TOAS Flats
Separate Key Cards for the Computer Rooms
Change of Address
Recycling Room
The University of Tampere Alumni

Learning Agreement

The student's home university will provide the Learning Agreement form. The Learning Agreement needs to be approved and signed by the International Coordinator at your host faculty at UTA upon your arrival in Tampere. If any changes in your courses occur, please fill in Learning Agreement part II and ask the International Coordinator at your host faculty to sign it. After the exchange, the Learning Agreement must include the same courses as the official transcript of records received from UTA.

Transcript of Records

To get the official transcript sent to your home address in your home country after the exchange period, exchange and visiting students must fill in a Transcript Order Form (e-form) a few days before leaving. Please make sure to write down your home address and the name of the country on the form. The transcript of your academic records will be sent to the address you give on the Transcript Order Form. The service is free of charge.

More information on the Transcript of Records at the University of Tampere

Certificates and Confirmations

Many of the exchange/visiting students have different kinds of certificates, confirmations or forms from their home university which must be signed and stamped at UTA by the host faculty and/or by the International Office (Main Building, room A129). If needed, a certificate of attendance is available from the International Office, too. Please remember to take care of all documents at least a few days before leaving since it might take a couple of days to get the signatures/stamps from the people in question.

The documents may not be signed earlier than one week before the date of departure. The following dates are written on the certificates:

Start of studies:
first day of Orientation or the day of arrival if later than beginning of Orientation

Autumn and Spring semester:
Latest day confirmed: end of teaching period

Please note that UTA’s official transcript does not include the dates of your study period at UTA!

International Office and International Coordinators (Centre for International Education)

Finnish Personal Identity Code

Before leaving the University of Tampere, please check that your student data contains the Finnish personal identity code.

How to submit my Finnish personal identity code to the University Registrar’s Office?

You can send your Finnish identity code:

  • by scanning an official document (e.g. document from the population data system or an ID card) and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office
  • by e-mail, or
  • by presenting such a document in person at the Registrar's Office, Main Building.

If you have any questions regarding how to inform the Registrar's Office about your Finnish identity code, please contact the Registrar's Office.

University of Tampere Registrar's Office contact details and opening hours

I do not have a Finnish personal identity code. What should I do?

Please visit the Local Register Office to get your Finnish identity code. You don’t need to book an appointment, just visit the office:

Local Register Office (in Finnish maistraatti)
Hatanpään valtatie 24
Tel: 029 553 9431
Open: Mon–Fri 9:00–16:15

Carry these documents with you:

  • Passport or official identification card
  • Study Certificate from UTA (obtainable from the University Registrar’s Office)


After you have visited the Local Register Office, they will send your identity code directly to the University Registrar`s Office, where you can pick up the ID code.

TOAS Flats

Please, leave your flat in a clean and good condition and pay all rents in time. It is important to maintain good relations with TOAS since there will be new international students coming to Tampere the following semester who also wish to get rooms from TOAS. Please note that potential cleaning costs will be deducted from your deposit.

TOAS Housing Office homepage

Separate Key Cards for the Computer Rooms

Those of you who have received a separate key card from the IT Services against a deposit of EUR 20, please remember to return it to the Customer Service of the IT Services latest when your right to study at the University expires. See the Instructions for the use of the student's key card

Change of Address

Before you leave Tampere, please remember to update your contact information in NettiOpsu. You can also send your new contact information to the Registrar’s Office by e-mail to: aktuaari (at) Give your name and address and the date when you are leaving Tampere.

Recycling Room

We want to share a green hint with you before you leave Tampere. If you have things you want to get rid of, UTA offers you an easy solution. By bringing things to the UTA recycling room, you will not only make a green move but you will also help new exchange students get started. The recycling room is located in the Main Building, E Wing, room 105. For more information about recycling, please see the Ekokampus website. Thank you for your help!

Further information:
Environmental Coordinator
Saana Raatikainen
Main Building, C 223
tel. 040 190 14 59

The University of Tampere Alumni

Keep yourself up to date about the University of Tampere! UTA Exchange students are welcome to join the University of Tampere Alumni network, too. Please find further details and the registration form at the UTA Alumni website.