Exchange Students Leaving Finland
- Learning Agreement
- Transcript of Records
- Certificates and Confirmations
- Finnish Personal Identity Code
- TOAS Flats
- Separate Key Cards for the Computer Rooms
- Change of Address (Post Office)
- Change of Address (NettiOpsu)
- Recycling Room
- The University of Tampere Alumni
The student's home university will provide the Learning Agreement form. The Learning Agreement needs to be approved and signed by the International Coordinator at your host faculty at UTA upon your arrival in Tampere. If any changes in your courses occur, please fill in Learning Agreement part II and ask the International Coordinator at your host faculty to sign it. After the exchange, the Learning Agreement must include the same courses as the official transcript of records received from UTA.
A transcript of your academic records will not be sent to you or your home university automatically. To get the official transcript sent to your home address in your home country after the exchange period, exchange and visiting students must fill in a Transcript Order Form (e-form) a few days before leaving. Please make sure to write down your home address and the name of the country on the form. The transcript of your academic records will be sent to the address you give on the Transcript Order Form. The service is free of charge.
Please note that the UTA Registrar's Office will not send transcripts by courier service even to countries outside Europe. If your exchange is based on a bilateral agreement between UTA and your home university, the UTA exchange coordinator will send your official transcript to the exchange coordinator at your home university by courier service. The official transcripts of ISEP students will be sent to the ISEP Central Office. The bilateral and ISEP students don't have to order this service.
Many of the exchange/visiting students have different kinds of certificates, confirmations or forms from their home university which must be signed and stamped at UTA by the host faculty and/or by the International Office (Main Building, room A129). If needed, a certificate of attendance is available from the International Office, too. Please remember to take care of all documents at least a few days before leaving since it might take a couple of days to get the signatures/stamps from the people in question.
The documents may not be signed earlier than one week before the date of departure. The following dates are written on the certificates:
Start of studies:
first day of Orientation or the day of arrival if later than beginning of Orientation
Autumn and Spring semester:
Latest day confirmed: end of teaching period
Please note that UTA’s official transcript does not include the dates of your study period at UTA!
Before leaving the University of Tampere, please check that your student data contains the Finnish personal identity code.
How to submit my Finnish personal identity code to the University Registrar’s Office?
You can send your Finnish identity code:
- by scanning an official document (e.g. document from the population data system or an ID card) and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office
- by e-mail, or
- by presenting such a document in person at the Registrar's Office, Main Building.
If you have any questions regarding how to inform the Registrar's Office about your Finnish identity code, please contact the Registrar's Office.
I do not have a Finnish personal identity code. What should I do?
Please visit the Local Register Office to get your Finnish identity code. You don’t need to book an appointment, just visit the office:
Local Register Office (in Finnish maistraatti)
Hatanpään valtatie 24
Tel: 029 553 9431
Open: Mon–Fri 9:00–16:15
Carry these documents with you:
- Passport or official identification card
- Study Certificate from UTA (obtainable from the University Registrar’s Office)
After you have visited the Local Register Office, they will send your identity code directly to the University Registrar`s Office, where you can pick up the ID code.
Please, leave your flat in a clean and good condition and pay all rents in time. It is important to maintain good relations with TOAS since there will be new international students coming to Tampere the following semester who also wish to get rooms from TOAS. Please note that potential cleaning costs will be deducted from your deposit.
Those of you who have received a separate key card from the IT Services against a deposit of EUR 20, please remember to return it to the Customer Service of the IT Services latest when your right to study at the University expires. See the Instructions for the use of the student's key card
According to Finnish legislation, you must always submit a notification of move if you move permanently out of Finland or if your temporary stay at another address is longer than three months. The notification can be made at the earliest one month in advance. However you must take care of that the notification has been received by the Post Office (Posti) within a week of your move at the latest.
Frequently asked questions and how to do it
- Do I have to do it? – Yes, according to Finnish legislation you have to inform Post Office that you are moving permanently out of Finland after your student exchange.
- How about mail forwarding? - Yes, after you have informed Post Office with you home address in your home country, your Finnish postal items (letters, publications, bulk letters) will be forwarded abroad with no extra charges during the first month. Only 1st and 2nd class letters up to 250 g are forwarded abroad, other items will be returned to the sender or handled as undeliverable items. If you wish to continue the service, you will have to pay for it. For more information and prices, please see Mail Forwarding.
- When can I do it? – You can do it already or at the earliest one month in advance.
- How to do it online? – Not made easy for international students as Finnish online banking credentials are required (most of you do not have ones). If you have Finnish online banking credentials or Posti one time credentials, please see the video.
- Any way to do it online? Yes, go to Post Office (the nearest one is in Tullintori Shopping Centre) and ask for Posti one time credentials. With these credentials you can login and complete the form online. You will be asked to present your official ID (passport) and residence permit card (if you have one) at the desk.
- Any other ways to do it? Yes, a good old-fashioned paper form ("Change of address notification form") can be found in every Post Office. Complete the form and return it – you will be asked to present your ID (passport) and residence permit card (if you have one) at the desk.
- Can I print the form online and return it later to Post Office? No. The change of address notification form cannot be printed from the website because the forms have unique identifying numbers that are optically read during the storage process. It is not possible to read the numbers from copies.
- How to fill in the form? Please read the instructions. The most important parts to remember: “Emigration, permanent” (you are moving permanently out of Finland) and “Delivery interruption” (no more mails to your address in Finland after your move out date). You can fill in the Post Office's part only and leave the Local Register Office's part empty.
- What is a Population Information System? Please see: The Finnish Population Information System.
- More information: https://www.posti.fi/changeaddress.
Before you leave Tampere, please remember to update your contact information in NettiOpsu. You can also send your new contact information to the Registrar’s Office by e-mail to: aktuaari (at) uta.fi. Give your name and address and the date when you are leaving Tampere.
We want to share a green hint with you before you leave Tampere. If you have things you want to get rid of, UTA offers you an easy solution. By bringing things to the UTA recycling room, you will not only make a green move but you will also help new exchange students get started. The recycling room is located in the Main Building, E Wing, room 105. For more information about recycling, please see the Ekokampus website. Thank you for your help!
Main Building, C 223
tel. 040 190 14 59
Keep yourself up to date about the University of Tampere! UTA Exchange students are welcome to join the University of Tampere Alumni network, too. Please find further details and the registration form at the UTA Alumni website.