This site is no longer being updated. Please visit at the Tampere University's new Student's Guide.

After the Exchange Period

Welcome back to Finland! Hopefully your exchange or internship period was successful.

Please remember to notify the Population Register Centre that you are once again a resident of Finland.


Travel report

One condition of the grant agreement is that you need to write a travel report within one month after the end of your exchange period. In this way, you do your part to help subsequent exchange students and interns! Submitting a travel report is a condition for receiving the university travel grant and ERASMUS+ and NORDPLUS grants. It is a good idea to write down your thoughts soon after returning home.

The second instalment of the university travel grant will not be paid unless you submit the travel report within one month after the exchange. If your bank account number has changed during the exchange period, notify your exchange coordinator about the new number so that the second grant instalment will be paid to the valid account.

Instructions for writing a travel report

The travel report must be submitted via Mobility-Online. Log in using the same profile you created when applying for an exchange. In your workflow, you will find a link for submitting the travel report after you have confirmed the dates of your exchange.

The travel report has to be submitted in a questionnaire form. Please note that you cannot save a draft of the questionnaire before submitting it! If you wish to complete the questionnaire in parts, please write your answers separately (e.g. in Word) before copying them onto Mobility-Online.

All travel reports will be published anonymously and they remain public for 5 years. If you want, you can leave your contact information at the end of the report for other students interested in the same exchange destination. If you kept a blog/vlog during your exchange, you can also leave its address on the questionnaire form.

If you have completed an Erasmus work placement, submit your report through NettiOpsu. Please follow Erasmus work placement report instructions (pdf).

If you have taken fun photos/videos of your exchange location/city/university, we hope that you send a few to mobility.tau(at) Any photos you send can only be used by Tampere University for marketing our exchange locations.

Submitting Erasmus documents

Check your information on the Student’s Desktop and, if necessary, notify the Erasmus Office of any changes regarding your studies or internship abroad.
Erasmus+ exchange students

Upon signing the electronic Erasmus grant agreement, you commit to writing a travel report on your exchange period, completing the second phase of the language test and submitting a certificate of your studies at the host university, along with the signed Learning Agreement. Upload the signed Learning Agreement and a certificate of your studies signed by a representative of the foreign university (Letter of Confirmation) to Mobility online. The certificate must indicate the start and end date of the studies. The document must not be signed before the end of the exchange – no more than a week before the end. In addition to this, please remember to write your travel report and complete the second phase of the OLS language test after your return from the exchange. You must also fill in an evaluation form on the exchange (Erasmus participant report), which you will be invited to complete by e-mail. The invitation will be sent automatically by the commission’s electronic system when your exchange period is nearing its end.

Erasmus+ interns

Deliver a certificate of your work placement, which indicates the exact start and end dates of the period, to the Erasmus Office (room A110, main building). You can use the Traineeship Certificate template for this purpose. In addition to this, please remember to write your travel/work placement report on NettiOpsu and complete the second phase of the OLS language test after your return. You must also fill in an evaluation form on the work placement (Erasmus participant report), which you will be invited to complete by e-mail. The invitation will be sent automatically by the commission’s electronic system when your work placement period is nearing its end.

Credit transfer for exchange studies in Tampere

Remember to request a transcript of records from the host university, or individual certificates for the courses you have completed. You can request an ECTS transcript from European Erasmus exchange universities. It is also a good idea to keep all written works for the purposes of credit transfer. After your exchange period, the partner university normally sends an official transcript of records to your exchange coordinator at Tampere University, but some universities may send the transcript to the student’s home address in Finland.

Credits gained during your exchange are not automatically transferred to your student register. Instead, you must personally ensure that they are recognised by your faculty at the Tampere University. Transfer the credits through the teacher responsible for your degree programme (substitution of courses included in degree requirements) or your faculty’s head of study affairs (incorporating foreign studies into a degree). More information on credit transfer from studies completed elsewhere.

Upon returning from your exchange, remember to deliver the necessary documents to your internship supervisor and request the registration of your internship credits.

Mobility certificate

Tampere University provides a wealth of opportunities for studies or internships abroad and grants its students a mobility certificate as an appendix to the degree certificate. The mobility certificate can also be separately requested from the Registrar’s Office. The student’s mobility certificate contains information on any mobility periods recorded in the student information system.

The mobility certificate is one of the Europass documents, with which students can describe their personal expertise. The mobility certificate carrying the Europass logo is granted for exchange and internship periods within Europe. For mobility periods outside Europe, a certificate with the same content is provided but without the logo.

What is required to receive a mobility certificate?

Students who have travelled abroad through exchange agreements and programmes

Information on a mobility period is automatically recorded in the student information system for all students who travel abroad through the university’s exchange agreements and programmes. The mobility information can be viewed by the student on the Student’s Desktop. A mobility certificate can be obtained once a mobility period has been completed, the terms of receiving a travel grant or scholarship have been met and the student has submitted a travel report. It is also a good idea to ensure credit transfer for completed courses as soon as possible after returning to your own university! Read more about credit transfer from studies completed elsewhere.

Independently arranged period abroad

Students who have completed an independently arranged exchange period abroad must enter the relevant information into NettiOpsu through the tab International Exchanges > Save to Student Register. In order to receive a mobility certificate for an independently arranged period abroad, the period must be verified by delivering the relevant documents on it to the Student Affairs Office. The period abroad must be eligible for recognition as part of the student’s degree. Credit transfer for completed courses must also be ensured as soon as possible after returning to your own university! Read more about credit transfer from studies completed elsewhere.

International tutoring and the Erasmus Student Network

You can serve as an international tutor, maintain your language skills and gain a more international perspective without leaving your home! More information on international tutoring is available on the websites of Trey and the university. Every student association has a person in charge of international tutoring who you can contact if you are interested in becoming a tutor. Even if your degree programme will not be receiving any exchange students, you can enter yourself in the pool of international tutors maintained by the International Mobility Services by contacting mobility.tau(at) Read more about international tutoring.

The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is a student organisation that looks after the interests of exchange students and organises a variety of events and activities for them. You can participate in ESN activities before, during and after your exchange period. ESN was established in 1990, and it is currently represented in 31 countries and more than 300 educational institutions.

Find out more about other opportunities for going international at your home university.