Doctor of Social Sciences, University of Tampere / Docteur en Sciences Politiques, IEP Aix-en-Provence, Aix-Marseille Université.
Postdoctoral Researcher (tutkijatohtori)
Visiting address: Linna 6045
Recent Publications (selected)
- Lefort, Bruno (forthcoming) “A confined youth? Lived space and shifting boundaries in Beirut”. Middle East – Topics &Arguments, Issue#9, “Youth”, edited by Christoph H. Schwarz, Anika Oettler (Publication date: Fall 2017).
- Lefort, Bruno (2016) “The art of bypassing: students’ politicization in Beirut”, Mediterranean Politics, DOI: 10.1080/13629395.2016.1199459 [Electronic version].
- Lefort, Bruno (2016) “'Achrafiyeh Invaded'. The Politics of Fear in a Visual Representation of the Lebanese Factionalism” in Kia Lindroos & Frank Möller (eds.), Art as a Political Witness, Budrich Academic Publishers (ISBN: 9783847405801).
- Lefort, Bruno (2015) “Michel Aoun, ‘Patriarch of the Christian Street’: Leadership, Affect, and the Politics of Communalization in Lebanon”, Middle East Journal of Culture and Communication, no. 8, 1, pp. 102-123.
- Lefort, Bruno (2013) A recited Community: Figures of an Identity Foretold. Narrating Heritage and Positioning Boundaries among Student Partisan Groups in Plural Lebanon [Doctoral Dissertation], Tampere, TAPRI Studies in Peace and Conflict Research no. 100, 658 p.
- Lefort, Bruno (2013) “Récits biographiques et mémoire collective au sein d’une jeunesse libanaise” [“Biographical narratives and living memory among a Lebanese youth”], Essais, no. 3, pp. 33-51.
Recent communications (selected):
- April 19, 2016: “Students’ lived space in Beirut”. Workshop: Les universités acteurs de la production urbaine à Beyrouth, Beirut, Lebanon.
- December 10, 2015: “L’entretien qualitatif sur base photographqiue [Photo-elicited interviews]” Keynote in Research Seminar: La fabrique des images dans les mondes arabe et musulman contemporains, IREMAM-MuCEM, Marseille, France.
- “The art of bypassing: students’ politicization in Beirut universities”, Workshop IFPO-IOB-WAFAW, “Lebanon Facing the Arab Spring”, Beirut, May 28, 2015.
- “The detours of Politicization: a Comparative Analysis among Students in Amman and Beirut” with Caroline RONSIN, Italian Society for Middle Eastern Studies XII General Conference, “Beyond the Arab Uprisings, Rediscovering the MENA Region”, Università Ca’Foscari, Venice, January 17, 2015.
- “'Achrafiyeh Invaded'. The Politics of Fear in a Visual Representation of the Lebanese Factionalism”, Session 2 “Art as a Political Witness”, European Consortium for Political Research 7th General Conference, University of Glasgow, September 5, 2014.
- “The channels of politicization among students in today’s Lebanon”, in Voices & Sounds / Noices & Dialogues Workshop on field work related to youth engagement in North Africa, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, June 12, 2014.
Full list of publications and communications
Visiting address: Linna building, 6th floor
Postal address: TAPRI, School of Social Sciences and Humanities
FI-33014 University of Tampere, Finland
tel. +358 (0)3 355 111