Postdoctoral researcher at TAPRI
Visiting address: Linna 6074
- Women, peace and security
- Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration (DDR)
- West Africa
- Child soldiers
- Female soldiers
- Feminist peace research
- Visual security studies
Whose peace, whose war? Gender and DDR programmes in the West Africa region (Postdoctoral research project: 2017–)
The post-war realities of former girl soldiers in Liberia (PhD research project: 2012–2017)
- Forthcoming. Vastapuu, Leena: Liberia's Female Veterans: War, Roles and Reintegration. With Emmi Nieminen as illustrator. Zed Books, London. Publication date: 15.3.2018.
- Forthcoming. Vastapuu, Leena: “Auto-Photographing (In)Securities: Former Young Female Soldiers’ Post-War Struggles in Monrovia”. In Saugman Andersen, Rune & Juha A. Vuori (eds.): Visual Security Studies: Sights and Spectacles of Insecurity and War. Routledge, London. Publication date: 7.12.2017.
- 2017. Vastapuu, Leena: Hope is Not Gone Altogether: The Roles and Reintegration of Young Female War Veterans in Liberia. Doctoral dissertation, University of Turku: Department of Philosophy, Contemporary History and Political Science. 4/2017.
Full publication list available at:
Visiting address: Linna building, 6th floor
Postal address: TAPRI, School of Social Sciences and Humanities
FI-33014 University of Tampere, Finland
tel. +358 (0)3 355 111