PhD, University of Lille (France)
Tel. 358-50-318 7631
Visiting address: Linna 6070
- Diasporas and Conflicts
- Gender-Based Violence in Conflict Zones
- Gender and Peace Negotiations
- Interstate Post-Colonial Relations
- The Great Lakes Region of Africa
- Northern Ireland
Books and Special Journal Issues:
- 2020, contract signed: Handbook of Feminist Peace Research, London and New York, Routledge, edited in collaboration with Tarja Väyrynen, Peace Meadie, Swati Parashar, and Catia C. Confortini.
- 2018: Wartime Sexual Violence against Men: Masculinities and Power in Conflict Zones, Lanham, Rowman and Littlefield, Series Men and Masculinities in a Transnational World.
- 2014: Far away and yet so close. Former colonial powers and the management of political crises in their former colonies, Special Issue of the European Review of International Studies (ERIS), edited in collaboration with Valérie Rosoux, 1(3).
- 2011: Abandonner la violence ? Comment l’Irlande du Nord sort du conflit, Paris, Payot, 236p.
- 2011: Transnational Communities and Conflicts - Challenges and how to address them, edited in collaboration with Anna Orrnert, Brussels, ELDIS and CORDIS, 180p.
- 2019: “Religion, Churches, and the Recurring Conflict in Madagascar”, in collaboration with Velomahanina Razakamaharavo, Peace Review, 31, forthcoming.
- 2018: "Diasporas and Conflicts - Understanding the Nexus", in collaboration with Bruno Lefort, Diaspora Studies, DOI: 10.1080/09739572.2018.1538687
- 2017: "Wartime sexual violence against men: Why so oblivious?", European Review of International Studies, 4(1): 60-74.
- 2016: “Transporting and Re-Inventing Conflicts: Conflict-Generated Diasporas and Conflict Autonomisation”, Cooperation and Conflict, DOI: 10.1177/0010836716671759. First Published October 3, 2016.
- 2016: “L’horizon fuyant de la réconciliation. L’Irlande du Nord entre rapprochement et cristallisation des oppositions”, Les Cahiers Sirice, 15(1): 67-82.
- 2018: “Social Strife”, in Marc Bornstein (ed.), The SAGE Encyclopedia of Lifespan Human Development, Thousand Oaks, Sage: 2095-2096.
- 2017: “Les Dieux en guerre malgré eux ?”, in Alain Dieckhoff and Philippe Portier (eds.), Religion et Politique, Paris, Presses de Sciences Po, Enjeu Mondial: 167-176.
- 2017: “Support Programs for Male Survivors of Conflict-Related Sexual Violence”, in Ron Anderson (ed.), Alleviating World Suffering, New York, Springer: 335-347.
- 2017: “Gender and Peace Negotiations: Why Gendering Peace Negotiations Multiplies Opportunities for Reconciliation”, in Mark Anstey and Valérie Rosoux (eds.), Negotiating Reconciliation in Peacemaking: Quandaries of Relationship Building, New York, Springer: 93-109.
Recent presentations (selected):
- 2018: “Diaspora as a Security Discourse”, Panel “Studying Conflict-Generated Diasporas: Conceptual and Methodological Challenges”, IPSA World Congress of Political Science, Brisbane, Australia, 21-25 July 2018.
- 2018: “Reconciliation and Wartime Sexual Violence”, international workshop “Reconciliation as a Peace-building Process”, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium, 9-10 July.
- 2018: “Diasporas and Conflicts”, invited keynote lecture, workshop “Trans-local Conflict Dynamics Among Refugees and Diaspora Populations”, BICC, Bonn, Germany, 18 June.
- 2018: “National populism and gendered vigilantism : The case of the Soldiers of Odin in Finland” (with Sarai Aharoni), 59th Annual Convention of the International Studies Association, San Francisco, US, April 4-7.
- 2018: “Diasporas, Religions et Divisions Communautaires”, invited speaker, INALCO, Festival “Mosaïque de Soi(e)”, Paris, France, 22 March.
Full list of publications, presentations and scientific expert positions
Visiting address: Linna building, 6th floor
Postal address: TAPRI, School of Social Sciences and Humanities
FI-33014 University of Tampere, Finland
tel. +358 (0)3 355 111