The Evidence-Base of Psychotherapy Seminar
24.2.2017 Tampereen yliopisto, Kalevantie 4, Päätalon luentosali D10A
Rekisteröityminen klo 8.30 alkaen Päätalon aulassa
Aloitus klo 9.15
Kahvitauko klo 10.45 - 11.00
Lounas (omakustanteinen) klo 12.30 - 13.30
Kahvitauko klo 15.00 - 15.15
Päätös klo 16.30
1. Evidence-based psychotherapies for children, adults, and the elderly
- A review of which treatment methods are evidence-based at level I (strong research support), II (moderate support), and III (no/weak support) for all disorders (where enough research has been done).
2. Does CBT work in clinical routine care or only in the researchers’ ivory towers
- Efficacy vs. effectiveness
- Clinical effectiveness criteria
- Two types of studies in the meta-analysis
- Background- and method data
- One study and one figure for each disorder (adults 11, children 7)
- Comparison between effectiveness- and efficacy-studies (ES)
- Are the results of effectiveness studies maintained at follow-up (1 year)?
3. Is the Dodo-bird verdict of no difference between various therapies correct?
- What is the Dodo-bird verdict?
- What do the meta-analyses show?
- My own updated meta-analyses on anxiety disorders, depression, eating disorders, and personality disorders
- Are comparative studies designed in a way that is fair for the therapies in the study?
- Scrutiny of PDT vs. CBT studies and IPT vs. CBT studies