Open science refers to the application of open approaches to scientific research. Open science includes:
- openness of scientific publications = open access publishing
- openness and permanent storage of research data
- utilising open source code and open standards
- openness of the research process
Openness supports research and the development of the scientific community by
- improving and safeguarding the quality of scientific knowledge
- strengthening the reliability and transparency of research
- increasing the opportunities for using scientific knowledge and scientific research methods in research, teaching and studying
- enabling and enriching cooperation between researchers
- increasing the impact of science on society
Tampere University Library organizes Managing Research Information course (2 ECTS) this Autumn! On this online course you will get acquainted with Open Access publishing, research data management, visibility and impact as well as information seeking. Last day to enroll is 18.9.2017.
Course description: https://www10.uta.fi/opas/opetusohjelma/marjapuuro.htm?id=34829
- Academy of Finland: September 2017 call for applications. The call closes 27th of September at 16:15 local Finnish time.
- Academy of Finland has refined its policy on open access publishing 30th of May 2017. Academy research funding may also be used to cover costs of so-called hybrid open access publishing. However, the Academy is keen to emphasise the temporary nature of the hybrid open access solution – it is only part of the transition towards full open access publishing.
- The University of Tampere has launched opendata.uta.fi service, which enables downloading data, including publication information and implementations of study modules, as Open Data. The service is maintained by the IT Administration.
- Webinar: How to publish openly.
- Publication and data policy at the University of Tampere
- Test your knowledge on open science.
- The Rector of the University has set an Open Science -working group at the University of Tampere 2.3.2016-31.12.2017.
- Open Science and Research 2014-2017 - initiative established by the Ministry of Education and Culture is going to create top conditions for research in Finland.
Should you have any questions about open science, publishing or research data, please